Speaking Engagements for the Fall
I'm happy to announce that I will be speaking at a few events and forums this fall. The firm I work for will also be doing some events in Boston (September) and Dallas (November), so I hope to be able to share some details here.
This looks to be an outstanding event, I'm hoping to attend the whole week (which would be great for networking with Lean Blog readers in attendance). My talk is titled, “Hospitals Heal Thyself: Using Lean Methods to Improve Patient Care.”
This session will look at the application of Lean tools in the healthcare setting. From years of working in hospitals, Mark explains the benefits for patients and hospital staff from the implementation of Value Stream Mapping, error proofing, layout and process design, problem solving and more. Mark outlines the lessons learned from implementation – what works, what didn't and lessons learned along the way. The presentation will also discuss the importance of focusing on people, not just tools, as part of the lean effort.
Productivity Inc. also runs other conferences:
- The Lean Management Conference at http://www.leanmanufacturingconference.com/
- The Lean Executive Forum at http://www.leanexecutiveforum.com/
- The Lean Innovation Symposium at http://www.leaninnovation.net/
I will be presenting here on “Lean Methods, Lean Culture, and Error Prevention.” Other presenters include Dr. John Toussaint (From ThedaCare), C. Martin Hinckley (his podcast is here), Cindy Jimmerson, and a VP from Danaher.
This is not a strictly healthcare focused event, but there will be some great healthcare content and general Lean lessons that are transferable across industries.
What do you think? Scroll down to comment or share your thoughts and the post on social media. Don't want to miss a post or podcast? Subscribe to get notified about posts via email daily or weekly.
- Join Me at the 2022 AME Annual Conference and Save 15% - September 26, 2022
- We All Make Mistkaes, Especially Me - September 22, 2022
- Why Sam Morgan Loves Lean (and Kata) and How He Helps Others Be Confident Learners - September 21, 2022