We're working to make the world a better place through Lean… better processes, better leadership, better workplaces… and better results! Oh, and we'd like to have some fun while we're doing that.
Welcome to Mark Graban's Lean Blog, a site that was started in January 2005 to host news, commentary, and discussion about “Lean” – the methodology and management system based on the Toyota Production System. The site has evolved in parallel with Mark's career – focusing at first on Lean Management in the manufacturing world, but focusing more on healthcare over time after Mark moved into that industry in late 2005.
Lean Blog covers a number of themes about lean that are universal, regardless of industry. This blog led to Mark's Shingo Award-winning books Lean Hospitals: Improving Quality, Patient Safety, and Employee Engagement (now in a 3rd edition) and Healthcare Kaizen: Engaging Front-Line Staff in Sustainable Continuous Improvements.
Connect with us via social media
You can get Lean Blog posts in your Facebook feed by liking us.
I may blog about former employers, which include General Motors, Dell Inc., Johnson & Johnson (ValuMetrix Services), and the Lean Enterprise Institute.
I currently have financial relationships with other individuals or organizations that might be mentioned on the blog:
- KaiNexus (as a contractor and a shareholder)
- Lean Enterprise Institute (as a former employee and current faculty member)
- Catalysis (as a faculty member)
- BrightSight Group (as a speaker)
- Studer Group (as a speaker)
- Leading Authorities (as a speaker)
- Productivity Press / CRC Press (as an author and recipient of review copies of books)
- McGraw-Hill Professional (as a recipient of review copies of books)
- Value Capture, LLC (as a consultant)
Past or current advertisers include:
- American LED-gible Inc.
- Creative Safety Supply
- The 5S Store
- Lean Learning Center
- Gemba Academy
- Lean Posters, Inc.
Links to Amazon.com are affiliate links, for which I am made a commission on any purchases.
These disclosures are in the interest of meeting FTC blog disclosure guidelines.