We're working to make the world a better place through Lean… better processes, better leadership, better workplaces… and better results! Oh, and we'd like to have some fun while we're doing that.
Welcome to Mark Graban's Lean Blog, a site that was started in January 2005 to host news, commentary, and discussion about “Lean” – the methodology and management system based on the Toyota Production System. The site has evolved in parallel with Mark's career – focusing at first on Lean Management in the manufacturing world, but focusing more on healthcare over time after Mark moved into that industry in late 2005.
Lean Blog covers a number of themes about lean that are universal, regardless of industry. This blog led to Mark's Shingo Award-winning books: Lean Hospitals: Improving Quality, Patient Safety, and Employee Engagement (now in a 3rd edition) and Healthcare Kaizen: Engaging Front-Line Staff in Sustainable Continuous Improvements.
Connect With Us via Social Media
Please connect with me via social media by using the links in the right sidebar, or go directly to Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, or YouTube.
You can get Lean Blog posts in your Facebook feed by liking us.
How do readers describe Lean Blog?
Why Does Mark Blog?
To learn more about Mark Graban, click here.
What is Lean?
To learn more about the Lean mindset and methodology, click here.
I may blog about former employers, which include General Motors, Dell Inc., Johnson & Johnson (ValuMetrix Services), and the Lean Enterprise Institute.
I currently have financial relationships with other individuals or organizations that might be mentioned on the blog:
- KaiNexus (as a contractor and a shareholder)
- Lean Enterprise Institute (as a former employee and current faculty member)
- Catalysis (as a faculty member)
- Productivity Press / CRC Press (as an author)
- Value Capture, LLC (as a contractor / consultant)
Past or current advertisers include:
- Stiles Associates
- American LED-gible Inc.
- Creative Safety Supply
- The 5S Store
- Lean Learning Center
- Gemba Academy
- Lean Posters, Inc.
Other advertisements may be presented by the Google AdSense program.
Links to Amazon.com are affiliate links, for which I earn a commission on any purchases.
These disclosures are in the interest of meeting FTC blog disclosure guidelines.
- How to Create a Continuous Improvement Culture by Closing the GAPS — with Katie Anderson - March 30, 2023
- Interview with Mit Vyas: Insights on Learning from Toyota, Entrepreneurial Success, and Mindfulness Practices - March 29, 2023
- Recorded Webinar on Building a Culture of Continuous Improvement through Organizational Habits - March 22, 2023