A New Blog Series About DEIA, Psychological Safety, and Healthcare Safety (and Webinar)
Running through the final post yesterday, Value Capture hosted a new blog series that was a collaboration with my friend Deondra Wardelle and other authors, including myself.
The posts will led up to and culminated in a panel discussion webinar with all of the authors, and you can register to view the recording now:
Getting to Zero Harm for Patients and Staff with DEIA and Psychological Safety Concepts
Value Capture's leaders asked Deondra to organize this series, and I've been collaborating with her quite a bit on the planning. It's been almost three years since the original #RootCauseRacism blog series that I hosted here, and Deondra has a separate website now for her ongoing work.
The theme for this series is summarized in the webinar title. We are exploring the topics (and the intersection) of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility (DEIA) and Psychological Safety. How can we work to define (and solve) the problems of harm and inequity for patients and healthcare staff?
The authors for the blog series are, along with their blog post titles:
- Deondra Wardelle: Envisioning Systematically Safe Spaces
- Mark Graban: Organizations Cannot Solve Problems Unless Leaders Admit Them and Help Others Feel Safe Speaking Up
- Gerald Harris: Respect Every Individual and Engage Them to Achieve a Culture of Safety and Inclusion
- Alan Wikler, Psy.D.: Improving Patient and Staff Safety With DEIA and Psychological Safety
- Debbie Sears Barnard: Beyond ‘Yes, But Leadership': 10 Steps to Achieve Zero Harm
- Ken Segel (CEO of Value Capture): Closing Gaps Within and Without: A Leader's Reflection on Assumption, Fear, and Taking Action, Habitually
Check out the Value Capture blog for the series. You can subscribe to receive the posts each day via email.
And we hope you'll check out the recorded webinar.
Here is a video overview that Deondra and I did as a preview:
What do you think? Please scroll down (or click) to post a comment. Or please share the post with your thoughts on LinkedIn. Don't want to miss a post or podcast? Subscribe to get notified about posts via email daily or weekly.