Value Capture's leaders asked Deondra to organize this series, and I've been collaborating with her quite a bit on the planning. It's been almost three years since the original #RootCauseRacism blog series that I hosted here, and Deondra has a separate website now for her ongoing work.
The theme for this series is summarized in the webinar title. We are exploring the topics (and the intersection) of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility (DEIA) and Psychological Safety. How can we work to define (and solve) the problems of harm and inequity for patients and healthcare staff?
The authors for the blog series are, along with their blog post titles:
- Deondra Wardelle: Envisioning Systematically Safe Spaces
- Mark Graban: Organizations Cannot Solve Problems Unless Leaders Admit Them and Help Others Feel Safe Speaking Up
- Gerald Harris: Respect Every Individual and Engage Them to Achieve a Culture of Safety and Inclusion
- Alan Wikler, Psy.D.: Improving Patient and Staff Safety With DEIA and Psychological Safety
- Debbie Sears Barnard: Beyond ‘Yes, But Leadership': 10 Steps to Achieve Zero Harm
- Ken Segel (CEO of Value Capture): Closing Gaps Within and Without: A Leader's Reflection on Assumption, Fear, and Taking Action, Habitually
And we hope you'll check out the recorded webinar.
Here is a video overview that Deondra and I did as a preview:
What do you think? Please scroll down (or click) to post a comment. Or please share the post with your thoughts on LinkedIn. Don't want to miss a post or podcast? Subscribe to get notified about posts via email daily or weekly.