A number of us combined efforts to provide this as a free service to our loyal readers, so thanks go to:
- Jamie Flinchbaugh (Lean Learning Center)
- Kevin Meyer (Evolving Excellence)
- Jon Miller (Gemba Panta Rei)
- John Hunter (Curious Cat)
- Ron Pereria (Lean Six Sigma Academy)
- Mark Graban (Lean Blog)
This app allows you to read a number of lean blogosphere sites in a simple app. You can also listen to and view some multimedia lean content, such as my Podcasts and Video Podcasts and the Gemba Academy sample videos in the app, as well. You can also find lean news and some other feeds.
Frequently (OK, once) Asked Questions (Answered by Mark):
Q: Why did you do this?
- A: I am a bit of a geek and I suggested this to the other bloggers, a group that has been friendly and collaborative over their years of blogging. It was an interesting experiment and a chance to learn something (I’ve got some of that intrinsic motivation that Dan Pink writes about… I did this because it was interesting and fun).
Q: Why is it free? You’ve got money to burn?
- A: It was actually a pretty inexpensive project using a platform called AppMakr. We’re not trying to monetize this; it’s a service to our readers to make our content easier to get to and keep up to date on.
Q: But the app has ads…
- The presence of ads is part of the reason AppMakr is so inexpensive (ad revenue goes to them, not us)
Q: How can I get my site and blog content into the app? Why didn’t you include me or other bloggers?
- I started working with the team of bloggers that I’ve known the longest. There are many other outstanding blogs out there, including a number of relatively new ones. We might consider putting more blog feeds into the app, if the charter group agrees.
Q: Ahem, I use Android (and I use BlackBerry!!!) — what about us?
- There is now an Android version of Lean Daily app. As for BlackBerry, I really don’t know about that. There is a similar Windows Phone app that has similar content, used with permission, but unaffiliated with this app.
I hope you’ll try the app and let me know what you think. Please email me with your feedback and please leave ratings and reviews in the iTunes Store.
And now, back to your regularly scheduled lean content… (another real post later this morning).
Disclosure note: The link to Gemba Academy is an affiliate link.
Thanks for reading! I’d love to hear your thoughts. Please scroll down to post a comment (or click through to the blog if you’re reading via email or RSS).