Scroll down for how to subscribe, transcript, and more
Michele is the former director for the Sutter Improvement System at Sutter Health. She is a Catalysis faculty member and she is is leading a workshop June 7th at the Lean Healthcare Transformation Summit called Winning the People Side of Transformation in Salt Lake City. The Summit is being held June 6 to 9 (with the main days being the 8th and 9th). I hope to see you at the Summit.
Michele is a dedicated Executive/Leadership Coach with extensive experience coaching individuals across all levels of the organization. She has broad experience as a designated leader and change management consultant, with expertise in team building, leadership development, and facilitation/coaching of leadership to arrive at an organizational strategy with aligned goals, solutions, and ultimately culture change.
Today, we discuss topics and questions including:
- Tell us a bit about Lean at Sutter — the Sutter Improvement System
- A management system?
- A roadmap vs. GPS?
- Wanting an “organization of problem solvers” – how do we define problem solving?
- How to help shift from fire fighting and workarounds to problem solving to root?
- Short-term countermeasures vs long-term countermeasures
- Management behaviors that lead to the continuous improvement culture?
- “Leaders to let go of control”
- Helping leaders through this via change management methods?
- Motivations to change?
- What is ADKAR? Awareness, Desire, Knowledge, Ability, Reinforcement
- Ah-has — Change management vs. “just change”
- Shoehorning change (communication to the masses) in at the end of an improvement event?
- Bringing the broader team along — keeping them informed, getting their input before and during the event, not just after?
- Leaders going through their ADKAR process and then how do you help others go through it???
- The important of joy / happiness in accepting change??
- Secret sauce – “The Happiness Advantage”
The podcast is sponsored by Stiles Associates, now in their 30th year of business. They are the go-to Lean recruiting firm serving the manufacturing, private equity, and healthcare industries. Learn more.
This podcast is part of the #LeanCommunicators network.
Video of the Episode:
Thanks for listening or watching!
This podcast is part of the Lean Communicators network — check it out!
Automated Transcript (Not Guaranteed to be Defect Free)
What do you think? Please scroll down (or click) to post a comment. Or please share the post with your thoughts on LinkedIn – and follow me or connect with me there.
Did you like this post? Make sure you don't miss a post or podcast — Subscribe to get notified about posts via email daily or weekly.
Check out my latest book, The Mistakes That Make Us: Cultivating a Culture of Learning and Innovation: