Toyota Makes Fortune’s "Most Admired" List
Toyota is the first non-U.S. based company to make the list, in the #9 slot. The top 10 are GE, FedEx, Southwest, Proctor & Gamble, Starbucks, Johnson & Johnson, Berkshire Hathaway, Dell (falling from #1), Toyota, and Microsoft.
Toyota ranks #1 in the auto sector in the survey for:
- Social responsibility
- Quality of management
- Financial soundness
- Long-term investment
- Quality of products/services
They are ranked #2 for:
- Innovation (I'm surprised by that)
- Employee talent (I'm not surprised by that, as with TPS you would expect a company to do “great” things with “good” people because they work as part of a high-performing system.)
What do you think? Scroll down to comment or share your thoughts and the post on social media. Don't want to miss a post or podcast? Subscribe to get notified about posts via email daily or weekly.
- Do You Have a Culture of Learning From Mistakes in Your Healthcare Organization? - January 26, 2023
- What Do We Mean by Vulnerable Acts in the Context of Psychological Safety? - January 25, 2023
- Unlocking the Power of Kata: Tracy Defoe on Adult Learning, Coaching, and Asking Questions - January 25, 2023