Here is the episode if you want to stream the audio… scroll down for video:
In Episode 32 of “Lean Whiskey,” Mark Graban and Jamie Flinchbaugh have a first… comparing two similar whiskeys from the same distiller. In this case, family-owned Willett and their Willett Pot Still Reserve bourbon and the Johnny Drum bourbon.
We definitely both have our favorite of the two, but you'll have to listen to find out which. We also spend a little time exploring the history of this old brand, their departure, and their recent return to the spirits world. This all happens between NFL conference championship games where neither of our teams are playing.
We discuss The Great Resignation and all of the many facets… the underlying long-term trends, the short-term adjustments, the data, the causes, and the solutions. Breaking the problem down is important, as there is neither one cause nor one solution. We need to move beyond “jerk bosses” such as seen at Better.com, underappreciation as seemingly demonstrated at former-lean-role-model Thedacare, and bad cultures found in many places. 2022 may finally be the year to truly make employee engagement a real strategic imperative.
We finish talking about industrial-based movies and shows, such as the new NBC series “American Auto” or the movie “Gung Ho.” Please tell us your favorites… we'd love to hear from you!
Links From the Show:
- Willett Pot Still Reserve
- Johnny Drum Private Stock
- Insights by Jamie January 2022 newsletter
- Thedacare's employee issues, how it started and how it finished
- Mark interviews the Lean dentist Dr. Sami Bahri in Lean Blog Podcast Episodes 29, 69, and 82
- Some articles may require signup or subscription…
- “American Auto” TV Show
- Movie “Gung Ho“
- Movie “Mr. Mom“
- Movie “Tucker“
Subscribe, Rate, and Review!
Cheers! If you have any feedback or ideas for the podcast, let us know!
Please review us and subscribe or follow in your favorite podcast directory or platform.What do you think? Scroll down to comment or share your thoughts and the post on social media. Don't want to miss a post or podcast? Subscribe to get notified about posts via email daily or weekly.
- Why Damon Baker Thinks Lean Has a Marketing Problem; the Need to Speak the CEO's Language - August 16, 2022
- Maybe “Just in Time” (JIT) Should Be Called “Short Lead Time” (SLT) Supply Chains - August 16, 2022
- Sarah Boisvert on New Collar Careers and the Need for 21st Century Apprenticeships - August 9, 2022