LeanBlog Podcast #29 features a very special guest, Dr. Sami Bahri, “The World's First Lean Dentist.”
If you're thinking “what can I learn about lean from a Dentist?”, please listen in. I think you'll be amazed and will learn a ton. I've really enjoyed the two chances I've had to talk with Dr Bahri, including this podcast session and I've been very impressed with his approach to lean.
He's gone back to all of the source texts, including Shingo and Ohno and has really had to figure it out for himself, as opposed to following some sort of cookbook approach. I particularly appreciate how he involves his employees and staff… it's a great example we can all learn from.
If you have questions or comments for Dr. Bahri, he's agreed to a follow on podcast. You can email me at email@example.com or visit leanpodcast.org to leave a comment or read some linked articles about Dr. Bahri. His website can be found at http://www.firstleandentist.com/.
If you enjoy this podcast, I hope you'll check out the rest of the series by visiting the LeanBlog podcast main page.
Keywords and Main Points, Episode #29
- Learning about Lean and figuring out, over time, how to apply it to a dental office.
- How Dr. Bahri is able to take care of patient needs all in a single visit (not coming back for separate follow on appointments).
- How Dr. Bahri has engaged his workforce, through Lean, to improve productivity, job satisfaction, and employee engagement.
- Lean as a never-ending journey toward perfection, an experimental process.
- Learn how Dr. Bahri's office creating an innovative “flow manager” position.
If you have feedback on the podcast, or any questions for me or my guests, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can call and leave a voicemail by calling the “Lean Line” at (817) 776-LEAN (817-776-5326) or contact me via Skype id “mgraban”. Please give your location and your first name. Any comments (email or voicemail) might be used in follow ups to the podcast. Click here for the main LeanBlog Podcast page with all previous episodes.