In Episode 10 of Lean Whiskey, Mark Graban and Jamie Flinchbaugh do their best to work through technology issues, as the Grinch clearly didn't want us to record. We apologize if this affected the final product just a little bit, but the show must go on.
The two whiskey enthusiasts select something to drink that they think goes well with the holidays, as we both prepare to share this time with others. Unfortunately, neither of our selections are easily acquired, so these selections might have been more for our tasting enjoyment more than good consumer advice (although Mark suggests that any bottling of Booker's is worth trying). Mark also shares his experience of visit the gemba at Kirin Distillery near Mount Fuji during a Lean healthcare visit to Japan.
We share our thoughts on what makes a good indicator of a successful lean journey, prompted by Jon Miller's belief that the existence of a good andon practice is such an indicator. We also talk about our year-end routines as we prepare to close out 2019 and head into 2019. We also answer some fun holiday questions, and Mark admits to never having seen “It's a Wonderful Life” or “White Christmas.” Please tell him what he's missing!
Here is the episode if you want to stream it:
Subscribe, Rate, and Review!
Cheers! If you have any feedback or ideas for the podcast, let us know!
Episode #10 Show Links:
Here are some links from the show:
- Mark visited Kirin Distillery (see photos below)
- Jamie's whiskey selection, the Kavalan Sherry Cast Single Cask
- Mark's whiskey selection, Booker's Bluegill Creek small batch
- Jon Miller's piece “The Best Indicator of Lean Success,” found in The Lean Mag through this link, or found at the Gemba Academy Blog
- You can download the goal setting template that Jamie uses as an Excel file here
- The movies White Christmas and It's a Wonderful Life in one set
- Check out the podcast feed at LeanWhiskey.com or at leanblog.org/leanwhiskey or at jflinch.com/leanwhiskey
Please review us and subscribe in your favorite podcast directory or platform.
Kirin Tour Photos:
What do you think? Please scroll down (or click) to post a comment. Or please share the post with your thoughts on LinkedIn. Don't want to miss a post or podcast? Subscribe to get notified about posts via email daily or weekly.