Episode #7 of the “Lean Whiskey” Podcast: Sharing Samples and Bringing Lean Home
It's two episodes in a row with Jamie Flinchbaugh, as we're both back for Episode #7 of the Lean Whiskey podcast.
This Sunday, I'll be recording Episode #8 with another guest host, my friend Cristal Totterman who does Lean work at a health system in Florida. We'll be attempting to recreate and record what she calls “chummy Lean chat” as we've done in person many times (and sometimes over a drink). So, stay tuned for that. We might even break the format and have something other than whiskey.
But today, Jamie and I share whiskey samples from each other's collections and talk about some recent work projects. They explore whether you should bring Lean home, and apply it “with” (not “to”???) your spouse or family. Is Lean about efficiency when it comes to your home or your marriage? What is the purpose? We also question whether the author was really doing any Lean, or just having fun with spreadsheets.
We then explore Josh Howell's (newly minted President of the Lean Enterprise Institute) open question to the community about the current state of the lean management movement. To some degree, Mark and I reject the premise of the question, and we explain why, and we also do our best to answer it. We finish this episode sharing our recent favorite non-Lean, non-fiction books.
Here is the seventh episode if you want to stream it:
Subscribe, Rate, and Review!
Please check out the main LeanWhiskey.com page if you want to subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Stitcher, Spotify, or RSS. Please rate and review the podcast too!
Cheers! If you have any feedback or ideas for the podcast, let us know!
Episode #7 Show Links:
Here are some links from the show:
- Pendleton's Director's Reserve 20 Year Blended Canadian Whisky from Bounty Hunter that Jamie shared with Mark
- Garrison Brothers Balmorhea Texas Straight Bourbon Whiskey that Mark shared with Jamie
- The NY Times article on auditing your life, apparently influenced by Lean
- Email us a reader mail question at email@example.com
- LEI's question on the current state of Lean management
- Book recommendations: House of Morgan, Titan, Bad Blood: Secrets and Lies in a Silicon Valley Startup, Moneyball, The Big Short
- Check out the podcast feed at LeanWhiskey.com or at leanblog.org/leanwhiskey or at jflinch.com/leanwhiskey
Please review us and subscribe in your favorite podcast directory or platform.
What do you think? Please scroll down (or click) to post a comment. Or please share the post with your thoughts on LinkedIn. Don't want to miss a post or podcast? Subscribe to get notified about posts via email daily or weekly.
- How to Create a Continuous Improvement Culture by Closing the GAPS — with Katie Anderson - March 30, 2023
- Interview with Mit Vyas: Insights on Learning from Toyota, Entrepreneurial Success, and Mindfulness Practices - March 29, 2023
- Recorded Webinar on Building a Culture of Continuous Improvement through Organizational Habits - March 22, 2023