In Episode 42, Jamie Flinchbaugh visits Mark Graban in northern Kentucky and they get to record an episode in person. This was the origin of the podcast series — getting together in person, enjoying whiskey, and talking about Lean stuff.
In the last episode, we did an experiment that was inconclusive — sometimes, that's how it goes. We had moved the whiskey talk to the end of the episode, but since we had no firm evidence that it was better, we moved it back to the beginning.
Since we were together, Jamie selected something from Mark's shelf, the Boone County Amburana Wood, as it isn't something you'd regularly find on the shelf. Mark had received a special package in the mail from the Jim Beam distillery — two different expressions of Little Book — and so he did a side-by-side comparison.
We primarily discussed the discussion between Jim Farley, CEO of Ford, and Dara Khosrowshahi, CEO of Uber. We also discussed the conversation with Patti Poppe, CEO of PG&E (the primary power utility in California if you don't recognize the name). We explored the key nuggets from those speakers.
After the recording stopped, the conversation continued at the outstanding Prohibition Bourbon Bar in Newport, Kentucky, ranked as one of America's Best Bourbon Bars by The Bourbon Review (that's where the photo was taken… and yes, they allowed us behind the bar).
Links From the Show:
- Jamie's selection, a special release Amburana Wood finished Bourbon from Boone County
- Little Book, the experimental expressions from Freddie Noe of Jim Beam
- The playlist for the GE Lean Mindset Event
- Mark's podcast episode recorded on-site with Jim Womack, Katie Anderson, and Jamie Parker
- California Burning, the book about PG&E mentioned by Patti
- Prohibition Bourbon Bar in Newport, Kentucky, featured in The Bourbon Review
- Podcast feed at LeanWhiskey.com or leanblog.org/leanwhiskey or jflinch.com/leanwhiskey
Please review us and follow or subscribe on your favorite podcast platform!
We don't have video of the full episode this time.
The Videos We Discussed From The GE Lean Mindset Event:
Subscribe, Rate, and Review!
Cheers! If you have any feedback or ideas for the podcast, let us know!
Please review us and subscribe or follow us in your favorite podcast directory or platform.
What do you think? Please scroll down (or click) to post a comment. Or please share the post with your thoughts on LinkedIn. Don't want to miss a post or podcast? Subscribe to get notified about posts via email daily or weekly.