Video: What is Kaizen?
I made this short three-minute video for KaiNexus where I try to succinctly answer the question, “What is Kaizen?”
Click the thumbnail below to view the video and/or to read the transcript:
Please leave a comment on the KaiNexus website, or here on this blog post, and let us know what you think. What is the meaning of Kaizen to you and your organization? What impact is it having?
What Kaizen means to Catholic Charities
I had a chance to visit Catholic Charities Fort Worth on Monday. Just over two years ago, I stumbled into the opportunity to do some pro-bono Kaizen training for them in their “Social Enterprises” group. They've been practicing Kaizen there and it's spread to other departments, including their Refugee Services department and Transportation Services, where they provide rides for the community.
I'll blog about this more soon, but what does Kaizen mean to Catholic Charities Fort Worth? It means providing better services to the community, creating a better workplace, and being a better steward of the funds that have been given to them. A dollar saved is a dollar that can be used to help the needy. And getting everybody engaged in improvement helps make that happen.
Other KaiNexus Resources
I'm really proud of some of the resources that the KaiNexus team is creating and I invite you to check them out. These include:
- Webinar recordings, including “Congratulations, You Have Lots of Employee Ideas! Now What?”
- Our upcoming August 21 webinar on “Getting Started with Continuous Improvement: Lessons and Reflections“
- Our KaiNexus blog
- Free eBooks, including “Kaizen with KaiNexus,” “Moving Forward: From Suggestion Boxes to KaiNexus,” and “The Savvy Leader's Guide to Successful Employee Engagement in 8 Easy Steps“
Check them out!
What do you think? Scroll down to comment or share your thoughts and the post on social media. Don't want to miss a post or podcast? Subscribe to get notified about posts via email daily or weekly.
- Oops! Another Mistake During a Webinar About Mistakes - September 30, 2022
- Damon Baker on Lean, Private Equity, and the Ownership Works Initiative - September 28, 2022
- Reading About Lean at GE in Italy Makes Me Hungry for Pizza, While Savoring Employee Empowerment - September 27, 2022