If you're in Michigan, come join me and a great crew for the first annual Michigan Lean Consortium conference near Traverse City, Aug 10 and 11. You can learn more in this PDF: MI Lean Conference Agenda 2011 FINAL and you can register online here.
I'm on the advisory board for the MLC since I grew up in Michigan and have a lot of roots there, still. I'm also looking to learn about their Consortium so I can bring lessons learned back to Texas.
Highlights from the agenda include:
- Dr. Richard Zarbo — Sr. Vice President and Chair of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Henry Ford Health System
- Jeffrey Liker, Ph.D. — Professor of Industrial and Operations Engineering at the University of Michigan Author, Toyota Under Fire and The Toyota Way
I'll be participating in a Leadership Panel:
- G.S. Clarke, Founder, Clarke Consulting
- Mark Graban, author of Lean Hospitals
- Brian Jacobs, Ph.D., P.E., Assistant Professor, Department of Supply Chain Management, The Eli Broad of College Business, Michigan State University
- Ken LePage, Associate Vice President – Process Excellence St. Joseph Mercy Oakland Hospital, Trinity Health
- Ed Sosnowski, Program Managerâ€”Open Solar, United Solar Ovonic
- Moderator: Debra Levantrosser Setman
Did you like this post? Make sure you don't miss a post or podcast — Subscribe to get notified about posts via email daily or weekly.
Check out my latest book, The Mistakes That Make Us: Cultivating a Culture of Learning and Innovation: