Womack’s WSJ Piece
I still haven't found a free version, but here's a site with slightly more detail.
Here is piece written by Jim Womack, in a similar vein to last week's email newsletter.
His main bullet points:
- GM and Ford can't design vehicles that Americans want to pay “Toyota money” for.
- GM and Ford are clueless as to how to work with their suppliers.
- GM and Ford have miasmic management cultures.
- GM and Ford cling to their wide range of brands
- GM and Ford still treat customers as strangers engaged in one-time transactions.
What do you think? Scroll down to comment or share your thoughts and the post on social media. Don't want to miss a post or podcast? Subscribe to get notified about posts via email daily or weekly.
- Jody Crane, MD: Lean in Emergency Medicine and Hospitals; 3 Big Issues Causing Tough Times in Healthcare - February 1, 2023
- Alternative History: GM Uses Lean to Remain #1 in the Auto Industry - January 31, 2023
- Fall in Love with the Problem, not the Solution: In Entrepreneurship and Continuous Improvement - January 29, 2023