I don't always share new episodes of the “My Favorite Mistake” podcast with you here, but when I do… it's a Lean practitioner.
Today, that guest is David Meier, a former Toyota team member and leader, author of two books with Jeffrey Liker, and a TPS/Lean consultant. Oh, and he has a great distillery in Kentucky now called Glenn's Creek Distillery.
Here is his episode:
Toyota / Lean topics include:
- More background about what you learned at Toyota
- Hard for people to talk about mistakes, admitting they're human
- Blame vs. responsibility?
- Toyota teaches that leaders have responsibility
- Blame with punishment = “accountability”?
- Punishment replaced with learning and improvement?
- Hard on the process, not on the people
- Mr. Yoshino's mix up with the paint area (Episode #30)
- My episode about the nearly lost episodes (Episode #16)
- Mistakes made in the distillery
- Mistakes about mistakes?
Past Lean Podcast Content Featuring David Meier:
Podcasts about Toyota, Lean, and (most recently) Bourbon:What do you think? Scroll down to comment or share your thoughts and the post on social media. Don't want to miss a post or podcast? Subscribe to get notified about posts via email daily or weekly.