Episode #8: “Lean Gin” and “Chummy Lean Chat” with Cristal Totterman
We have a new guest host for Episode #8 of Lean Whiskey. I'm joined by my friend and colleague Cristal Totterman and we're drinking gin today on her recommendation… so this is “Lean Gin.”
We're also enjoying what Cristal calls “chummy Lean chat” — something we've enjoyed at conferences and when working together at her hospital a few years back.
Other than chatting about gin and tonic, we discuss two articles — one about PDCA and one about robotic tails. Yes, we manage to connect that latter article to Lean. We share some Lean pet peeves, even though the issues are more significant than peeves. Oh, and we share the funniest thing that's happened to us in the course of process improvement, although you can be the judge about how funny those stories are.
Here is the eighth episode if you want to stream it:
Subscribe, Rate, and Review!
Please check out the main LeanWhiskey.com page if you want to subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Stitcher, Spotify, or RSS. Please rate and review the podcast too!
Cheers! If you have any feedback or ideas for the podcast, let us know!
Episode #8 Show Links:
Here are some links from the show:
- Our libations
- Cristal: Hendrick's Gin with Fever Tree Mediterranean Tonic Water (and simple syrup and lemon)
- Mark: Old St. Pete Tropical Gin with Fever Tree Refreshingly Light Indian tonic water
- Article #1: “ISN'T PDCA ENOUGH? WHY DO WE ALWAYS NEED TO COMPLICATE THINGS?” – By Michael Ballé
- Lean Pet Peeves?
- Mark: A3 problem solving with poor root cause analysis (two whys, five random whys)
- Cristal: Wasting time improving that which should not exist (robotic tails??) and creating standardized just for the sake of having standardized work
- Article #2: “Robotic tail for humans was inspired by seahorses” – CNN
- What's the funniest thing that's happened to you in process improvement?
- Cristal: “Hit me baby one more time”
- Mark: “You're the time study man!”
- Not mentioned in the podcast: a blog post that Cristal wrote for LeanBlog.org
- Check out the podcast feed at LeanWhiskey.com or at leanblog.org/leanwhiskey or at jflinch.com/leanwhiskey
- Please review us and subscribe in your favorite podcast directory or platform.
Thanks for listening to our “Chummy Lean Gin Chat”!
What do you think? Please scroll down (or click) to post a comment. Or please share the post with your thoughts on LinkedIn. Don't want to miss a post or podcast? Subscribe to get notified about posts via email daily or weekly.
Comments are closed.