Welcome to the Blog World, John Shook!
John Shook is one of my favorite people in the Lean world. I've learned more about Toyota-style leadership from him than anyone else (the learning-to-time-exposed-to-John ratio is very, very high).
John has a new book out (and I still owe a full review to you here on the blog… I'm re-reading some sections) MANAGING TO LEARN: USING THE A3 MANAGEMENT PROCESS TO SOLVE PROBLEMS, GAIN AGREEMENT, MENTOR, & LEAD.
The Lean Enterprise Institute has an archived webinar with John (Part 1 here, with a 2nd part to come on Nov 13).
But back to the title of this post — John now has a blog on the LEI site. The main page is here and he has four posts (weekly, it appears):
- What Is Lean Management?
- No Excuses
- The A3 Process — Discovery at Toyota and What It Can Do for You
- “Our people are our most important asset”…Really?
One final note – John has agreed to do a Podcast with me in the near future, so stay tuned for that.
What do you think? Scroll down to comment or share your thoughts and the post on social media. Don't want to miss a post or podcast? Subscribe to get notified about posts via email daily or weekly.
- Jody Crane, MD: Lean in Emergency Medicine and Hospitals; 3 Big Issues Causing Tough Times in Healthcare - February 1, 2023
- Alternative History: GM Uses Lean to Remain #1 in the Auto Industry - January 31, 2023
- Fall in Love with the Problem, not the Solution: In Entrepreneurship and Continuous Improvement - January 29, 2023