LeanBlog Podcast #38 – Bob Emiliani, “Practical Lean Leadership”
Here is LeanBlog Podcast #38, our guest today is Bob Emiliani, the author of Practical Lean Leadership: A Strategic Leadership Guide For Executives. It's a workbook-style guide that forces you to think through your own leadership approach and your own situation.
In this podcast, we talk about “lean leadership,” “value added behaviors,” and some pitfalls to avoid in lean implementations.
For earlier episodes, visit the main Podcast page, which includes information on how to subscribe via RSS or via Apple Podcasts.
LeanBlog Podcast #38 Key Points & Key Words
- How Bob first got involved with Lean and, especially, the leadership component.
- What's different about this new Lean book?
- What are some examples of “non-value-added” management activities or behaviors?
- A definition of kaizen that emphasizes that kaizen cannot be sub-optimizing, you must look at the whole
- Some errors to avoid in Lean implementation, avoiding “fake Lean”
If you have feedback on the podcast, or any questions for me or my guests, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can call and leave a voicemail by calling the “Lean Line” at (817) 993-0630 or contact me via Skype id “mgraban”. Please give your location and your first name. Any comments (email or voicemail) might be used in follow ups to the podcast.Please post a comment and join the discussion. Subscribe to get notified about posts via email daily or weekly.