MP3 File (run time 32:00)
It's great to have Dr. John Toussaint back for episode #184 of the podcast (see links to previous episodes below). He is, of course, CEO of the ThedaCare Center for Healthcare Value and the author of two Shingo Award-winning books, On the Mend: Revolutionizing Healthcare to Save Lives and Transform the Industry and Potent Medicine: The Collaborative Cure for Healthcare.
In this podcast, we start by hearing John's thoughts on some of the top issues that healthcare CEOs are facing today, such as changes in payment structures and Accountable Care Organizations. We also talk about the “Enduring Excellence” program that Paul O'Neill and John are leading to teach healthcare senior leaders about Lean culture change and their important role.
For a link to this episode, refer people to www.leanblog.org/184.
Past episodes with Dr. Toussaint:
- #159: (10/16/12) John Toussaint, MD on the new IOM report
- #146: (5/2/12) John Toussaint MD, on his new book Potent Medicine
- #72: (8/12/09) John Toussaint, MD, Lean and Health Reform
- #62: (2/23/09) John Toussaint, MD, ThedaCare Center for Healthcare Value
- #54: (12/2/08) John Toussaint, MD, ThedaCare's Lean Journey
Here is a video where “Enduring Excellence” participants share their reflections:
You can also listen via Stitcher.
Podcasts Sponsored by KaiNexus
If you have feedback on the podcast, or any questions for me or my guests, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can call and leave a voicemail by calling the “Lean Line” at (817) 993-0630 or contact me via Skype id “mgraban”. Please give your location and your first name. Any comments (email or voicemail) might be used in follow ups to the podcast.What do you think? Scroll down to comment or share your thoughts and the post on social media. Don't want to miss a post or podcast? Subscribe to get notified about posts via email daily or weekly.
- Katie Anderson Discusses Larry Culp's AME Keynote and Their Fireside Chat - November 30, 2022
- GE's Larry Culp on Making it Safe for Bad News to Flow to the CEO (or Other Leaders) - November 29, 2022
- Learn How to Reduce Nursing Turnover and Attrition in Healthcare — Free Webinar - November 28, 2022