MP3 File (run time 31:25)
A returning guest for episode #159 is John Toussaint, MD, the CEO of the ThedaCare Center for Healthcare Value and the author of the books On the Mend: Revolutionizing Healthcare to Save Lives and Transform the Industry and Potent Medicine: The Collaborative Cure for Healthcare. John was a guest on episodes 54, 62, 72, and 146. Today's main topic is a new report, published last month by the Institute of Medicine, titled “Best Care at Lower Cost: The Path to Continuously Learning Health Care in America.” John was a reviewer of this report and has key insights to share, as always, about the problem and things we can do to improve healthcare around the world.
For a link to this episode, refer people to www.leanblog.org/159b/.
- IOM report main page (with full report, briefs, sides, data, etc.)
- A pilot workshop I will be teaching at the ThedaCare Center in December on the fundamentals of Lean in healthcare
- Other workshops by the ThedaCare Center
If you have feedback on the podcast, or any questions for me or my guests, you can email me at email@example.com or you can call and leave a voicemail by calling the “Lean Line” at (817) 993-0630 or contact me via Skype id “mgraban”. Please give your location and your first name. Any comments (email or voicemail) might be used in follow ups to the podcast.What do you think? Scroll down to comment or share your thoughts and the post on social media. Don't want to miss a post or podcast? Subscribe to get notified about posts via email daily or weekly.
- Damon Baker on Lean, Private Equity, and the Ownership Works Initiative - September 28, 2022
- Reading About Lean at GE in Italy Makes Me Hungry for Pizza, While Savoring Employee Empowerment - September 27, 2022
- Can You SEE Culture in a Workplace? What Do These Artifacts Say to You? - September 27, 2022