Scroll down for video, how to subscribe, video, transcript, and more
My guest for Episode #408 of the Lean Blog Interviews podcast is Katie Labedz, the author of the new book How to Improve Absolutely Anything: Continuous Improvement in Your Home, Office and Family Life.
Katie Labedz is a Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt with over 20 years of experience implementing continuous improvement solutions within non-manufacturing and manufacturing environments. Her company is Learning to Lean. Katie also has her Master's certification in instructional design, her Project Management Professional (PMP) certification through PMI and is a certified instructor/facilitator through Langevin.
Topics and questions in today's episode include:
- What's your Lean origin story?
- What did you learn moving from IT to manufacturing to working with Lean in office settings?
- How is Lean different with “carpet walkers”?
- How do you define “continuous improvement”?
- When do you need to take a break from improvement to stabilize things?
- Lessons from working on virtual improvement this year?
- Why write the book?
- Favorite practical tips and tricks (Lean methods at home) from the book?
- Lessons about motivations and “resistance to change”?
The podcast is sponsored by Stiles Associates, now in their 30th year of business. They are the go-to Lean recruiting firm serving the manufacturing, private equity and healthcare industries. Learn more.
This podcast is part of the #LeanCommunicators network.
You can listen to the audio or watch the video, below. I hope you enjoy it like I did.
Video of the Episode:
Thanks for listening or watching!
This podcast is part of the Lean Communicators network… check it out!