Scroll down for video, how to subscribe, video, transcript, and more
My guest for Episode #408 of the Lean Blog Interviews podcast is Katie Labedz, the author of the new book How to Improve Absolutely Anything: Continuous Improvement in Your Home, Office and Family Life.
Katie Labedz is a Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt with over 20 years of experience implementing continuous improvement solutions within non-manufacturing and manufacturing environments. Her company is Learning to Lean. Katie also has her Master's certification in instructional design, her Project Management Professional (PMP) certification through PMI and is a certified instructor/facilitator through Langevin.
Topics and questions in today's episode include:
- What's your Lean origin story?
- What did you learn moving from IT to manufacturing to working with Lean in office settings?
- How is Lean different with “carpet walkers”?
- How do you define “continuous improvement”?
- When do you need to take a break from improvement to stabilize things?
- Lessons from working on virtual improvement this year?
- Why write the book?
- Favorite practical tips and tricks (Lean methods at home) from the book?
- Lessons about motivations and “resistance to change”?
The podcast is sponsored by Stiles Associates, now in their 30th year of business. They are the go-to Lean recruiting firm serving the manufacturing, private equity and healthcare industries. Learn more.
This podcast is part of the #LeanCommunicators network.
You can listen to the audio or watch the video, below. I hope you enjoy it like I did.
Video of the Episode:
Thanks for listening or watching!
This podcast is part of the Lean Communicators network… check it out!What do you think? Scroll down to comment or share your thoughts and the post on social media. Don't want to miss a post or podcast? Subscribe to get notified about posts via email daily or weekly.