Joining me again for Episode #308 is Mike Grogan, a previous guest in episodes #182 (from Tanzania) and #224. Mike now lives in the Philippines, where he's helping and coaching many people and has written a new book, The MESSI Way.
Watch an introductory video that Mike made for the Lean Blog audience (the video is also embedded below in this post).
In this episode, we talk about the idea of “personal Lean” and being the best version of yourself. I appreciate Mike's reflections and honesty and I think we had a great conversation that was very thought provoking. What are your fears? Your failures? What have you learned about yourself in the last 12 months? What's a “thinking partner?” Those are just a few of things we discuss here today.
For a link to this episode, refer people to www.leanblog.org/308.
Topics and Info for this Episode:
- Please re-introduce yourself for the audience, including your moves since we last talked in 2015 (first podcast from Africa in 2013)
- How is Dr. Brenda doing? How is their Lean journey?
- What's the connection you make between personal lean and being a lean leader / lean coach / lean champion? How do you define personal lean, for one?
- How can you become the best version of yourself, compared to “the younger version of me?”
- What was the primary reason you failed at the beginning of your coaching career? How do you define “failure?”
- I was not a role model lean thinker – I had too many gaps in my personal application of lean.
- What are your limiting beliefs? What is your greatest fear?
- My previous podcast with Robert Maurer, Ph.D. that we mentioned
- Maurer's latest book: Mastering Fear: Harnessing Emotion to Achieve Excellence in Work, Health, and Relationships
- Mike's book The MESSI Way: How to f**king nail personal change and save yourself years of wasted effort
- Write down 10 lessons you learned about yourself in the last 12 months
- Why would somebody not do a morning ritual?
- What does being vulnerable mean?
- What is a “thinking partner?”
Video of Mike:
More Info About the Podcast:
For earlier episodes of my podcast, visit the main Podcast page, which includes information on how to subscribe via RSS, through Android apps, or via Apple Podcasts. You can also subscribe and listen via Stitcher. Please leave us a review and rating!
Thanks for listening!