My guest for episode #257 is somebody I've known for a while in the Lean healthcare community, Tania Lyon. She's the Director of Organizational Performance Improvement at St. Clair Hospital in Pittsburgh. She has a PhD in sociology (like Jeff Liker, author of the Toyota Way book series) and she initially got involved with Lean through PRHI, a common connection to previous podcast guests Paul O'Neill and Naida Grunden.
St. Clair is a KaiNexus customer and Tania has played a major role in their rollout of our software to support their ongoing spread of continuous improvement. Regular readers of the blog know my part time role with KaiNexus, as the VP of Improvement and Innovation Services.
We initially recorded this to be a podcast and blog posts for our customers, but I thought this was a conversation that would be of interest to a wider audience, as we're talking mainly about Lean and improvement strategies, with a little bit of KaiNexus talk thrown in.
Streaming Player (Run Time 43:13)
For a link to this episode, refer people to www.leanblog.org/257.
Topics & links for this episode:
- Tania's YouTube channel
- An article from the KaiNexus blog with her comments at last year's User Conference about getting started with continuous improvement
- Tell us about your background and your role at St. Clair Hospital…
- How long has St. Clair been actively pursuing a culture of continuous improvement? What's the history of improvement at the organization?
- What's your method for spreading improvement (and KaiNexus) in your organization?
- You're randomly selecting a monthly gift card winner from all submitted improvements… What's the value in making it random? What feedback have you gotten?
- How much of your organization was actively engaged in improvement before you rolled out KaiNexus, and how does that compare to today? What is your goal?
- How do you use KaiNexus filters to get the right improvements in front of the right people?
For earlier episodes of my podcast, visit the main Podcast page, which includes information on how to subscribe via RSS, through Android apps, or via Apple Podcasts. You can also subscribe and listen via Stitcher.
Thanks for listening!
Videos with Tania Lyon:Subscribe to get notified about posts via email daily or weekly.
- Katie Anderson Discusses Larry Culp's AME Keynote and Their Fireside Chat - November 30, 2022
- GE's Larry Culp on Making it Safe for Bad News to Flow to the CEO (or Other Leaders) - November 29, 2022
- Learn How to Reduce Nursing Turnover and Attrition in Healthcare — Free Webinar - November 28, 2022