What are the 10 Most Read LeanBlog.org Posts of the First Half of 2016?
Thanks everybody for reading my blog here in 2016! It's been an interesting year and I appreciate you taking time out of your busy lives to read and participate in the discussion. I hope this site will continue to be a part of your life in 2016.
Here are the ten most-read posts of the year, according to Google Analytics (popularity doesn't imply quality, but it's interesting to see what people are reading and sharing) — data through June 24.
I'm happy that three of the Top 10 posts are from guest authors on the blog, as I've always enjoyed bringing different voices to the community here. Thanks especially to Paul Serafino for his series and Paul Critchley for his posts focused on manufacturing.
See results for 2015. You can also see which posts or pages have the most views, all time.
Posts Written in the First Half of 2016
- Doctors Bash “Taylorism” and “Toyota Lean” in the New England Journal of Medicine (4537 views)
- Why Would a New Healthcare CEO Kill a Lean Program? (1668)
- Cleveland Clinic Improvement Model, Part 1: Alignment & Visual Management (1568)
- Where Do Hospitals Get the Idea that Lean is Only About Cost Reduction? (1435)
- Is This The One Question That Determines If You're Truly a Lean-Thinking Hospital? (1275)
- Case Study: Emergency Department (ED) Throughput Improvement Through Lean (1245)
- Dr. Don Berwick is “Stunned” By How Few Organizations Study Deming (1038)
- What Virginia Mason's CEO Dr. Gary Kaplan Warns Against With #Lean (972)
- The Biggest “Bang for Your Lean Buck?” Respecting Your People (971)
- 3 Strategies for #Lean Leaders Who Have No One to Lead (882)
Did you have any other posts from the first half of the year that were favorites?
Most Popular LinkedIn Posts
I also enjoy writing for the LinkedIn Influencers series.. and here are some of my posts from the first half of the year:
- All You Have to Do is “Ask Why Five Times?” Nope. Try Eight Steps.
- The Main Lesson That Businesses (and Hospitals) Can Learn From This Toyota Plant Shutdown
- Patients Are Not Cars – And Yet “Lean” Works in Healthcare Because Lean Isn't About Building Cars
- This Restaurant Server Sadly Explains a Widespread Management Problem…
Older Posts That Were Popular
- Lean Quotes Collection (3551)
- Kaizen & Idea Boards Spotted at Society for Health Systems Conference (3520)
- My Thoughts on Standardized Work (2925)
- Is Lean an Acronym? Is it “LEAN”? (2541)
- A Video Showing Office 5S Gone Wrong (2527)
The “Bad Office 5S” video still has legs. It's been viewed over 170,000 times!
The other day, somebody from a major global manufacturing company emailed to tell me they were using this video in a Lean training class as a cautionary tale. Let's avoid annoying people with “Bad Lean” or L.A.M.E.
Thanks for being part of my community here! Thanks for reading!