Ted is a partner with the recruiting firm Stiles & Associates. John, of course, is the president of the ThedaCare Center for Healthcare Value and has been a frequent guest in my podcast series.
Streaming Player (Run Time 45:05)
For a link to this episode, refer people to www.leanblog.org/236.
For earlier episodes of my podcast, visit the main Podcast page, which includes information on how to subscribe via RSS, through Android apps, or via Apple iTunes. You can also subscribe and listen via Stitcher.
Here is the video of their discussion:
Thanks to Ted and John for sharing it.
Some topics and quotes:
- Payment reform
- Tools vs principles
- Evolution of the ThedaCare center
- From tools and projects to management system and culture
- Leading with humility
- Why 55 true north metrics is a bad idea
- Starting with a model cell
- The role of the “central improvement office”
- Many CEOs don’t know what they don’t know
- You have to bring in people who have experience with Lean
- Then your goal is to build your own system so you don’t need outside help
- VA endorses Lean and CMS endorses Lean
Other Videos with John Toussaint, M.D.:
A playlist of four videos:
Thanks for reading! I’d love to hear your thoughts. Please scroll down to post a comment. Click here to receive posts via email.
Now Available – The updated, expanded, and revised 3rd Edition of Mark Graban’s Shingo Research Award-Winning Book Lean Hospitals: Improving Quality, Patient Safety, and Employee Engagement. You can buy the book today, including signed copies from the author.