Scroll down for how to subscribe, transcript, and more
My guest for Episode #427 of the Lean Blog Interviews Podcast is a returning guest, Karyn Ross. She was previously a guest in Episodes 266 and 411. She was also my guest for Episode #3 of My Favorite Mistake.
Karyn has a new book called The Kind Leader: A Practical Guide to Eliminating Fear, Creating Trust, and Leading with Kindness. Scroll down for a 20% coupon you can use if you buy through the publisher. You can also scroll down to learn how to enter to win a copy.
Today, we talk about the book and more, with topics and questions including:
- How do you define kindness?
- NPR story on the kindest family
- How do we help people understand that kindness is not a sign of weakness?
- My Favorite Mistake (out Thursday) Moses Harris interview Episode #110
- How much unkind behavior is driven by people being scared? “Vicious circle of fear”
- “Collaboration, cooperation and kindness” chapter heading — reminds me of how Dr. Deming used to rail against competition — and I think that's especially true when talking about internal competition
- Systemic root causes of fear and unkind behavior — Kind leaders can affect the system…
- Kindness and respect? Connections to Lean in the book
- A time when someone was kind to you at work?
- Recent KaiNexus webinar on psychological safety… also proven to drive results
- Blaming instinct…What do you mean by “always assume positive intent”? – examples?
- Negativity bias
- “Prefectionism isn't Kind” online workshop with Amy Mervak
- Little Kind Words Talk Show — lessons learned from that?
- Doing live streaming — “practice accepting what is”
- We're always learning… what have you learned about kindness since the book was published?
- “Pop up kindness stand”? — WSJ article
The podcast is sponsored by Stiles Associates, now in their 30th year of business. They are the go-to Lean recruiting firm serving the manufacturing, private equity, and healthcare industries. Learn more.
This podcast is part of the #LeanCommunicators network.
Book Coupon (Valid Through Oct 31, 2021)
Enter to Win!
Automated Transcript (Not Guaranteed to be Defect Free)
Thanks for listening or watching!
This podcast is part of the Lean Communicators network — check it out!What do you think? Scroll down to comment or share your thoughts and the post on social media. Don't want to miss a post or podcast? Subscribe to get notified about posts via email daily or weekly.
- Jody Crane, MD: Lean in Emergency Medicine and Hospitals; 3 Big Issues Causing Tough Times in Healthcare - February 1, 2023
- Alternative History: GM Uses Lean to Remain #1 in the Auto Industry - January 31, 2023
- Fall in Love with the Problem, not the Solution: In Entrepreneurship and Continuous Improvement - January 29, 2023