This episode is sponsored by StoreSMART.
My guest for episode #252 is Jordan Peck, a Senior Director in the Center for Performance Improvement at MaineHealth and Maine Medical Center. Jordan and I first met when he was a graduate student at MIT and was involved with the Lean Advancement Initiative (and I was working basically across the street at the Lean Enterprise Institute). At MIT, he earned a PhD in Engineering Systems and Health Care Systems.
Jordan and I have continued to cross paths every year at the Society for Health Systems annual conference. His career has taken him to the Veterans Health Administration and now into the private sector at Maine Health, as we discuss in the podcast.
Streaming Player (Run Time 48:20)
I'd also like to welcome a new sponsor for this episode and to LeanBlog.org… StoreSMART. They're an American manufacturer of products that can help support your Lean journey, whether you're in manufacturing, healthcare, or other settings. They have products to support visual management, 5S, kanban, strategy deployment and other Lean practices. Thanks for your support!
For a link to this episode, refer people to www.leanblog.org/252.
Topics covered and links related to the podcast:
- How Jordan got introduced to Lean
- Axiomatic design
- The “news vendor problem“
- Lean daily management practices, including huddles, gemba walks, etc.
- “Engaged work teams” and challenges in adopting methods from ThedaCare
- Working toward a culture of improvement
- When coaching is seen as criticism
- Creating a Lean Culture (David Mann)
- Books about ThedaCare
- Healthcare Kaizen (Graban & Swartz)
For earlier episodes of my podcast, visit the main Podcast page, which includes information on how to subscribe via RSS, through Android apps, or via Apple iTunes. You can also subscribe and listen via Stitcher.
Thanks for listening!
Videos About Lean Daily Management at Maine Health
Also, check out this paper that was submitted by Jordan to the Society for Health Systems Conference (PDF)Subscribe to get notified about posts via email daily or weekly.
- Damon Baker on Lean, Private Equity, and the Ownership Works Initiative - September 28, 2022
- Reading About Lean at GE in Italy Makes Me Hungry for Pizza, While Savoring Employee Empowerment - September 27, 2022
- Can You SEE Culture in a Workplace? What Do These Artifacts Say to You? - September 27, 2022