Stuff I’m Reading: False Alarms, Fraud, Failures & two Good News Stories
Here are links to some more articles I've read recently that might be of interest related to Lean, systems, and improvement. The “good news” stories are the last two, of course…
- AIM: False STEMI activations lead to costs, inappropriate cath lab use – by comparison, ThedaCare, is fast AND accurate in its Code STEMI diagnosis
- Failure In Central Line Infection Prevention, Survey Says – Dr. Peter Pronovost blames arrogance and ignorance amongst leaders and physicians
- Why Can't Obama Bring Wall Street to Justice? – follow the money?
- On the Record with Dr. John Toussaint, CEO, ThedaCare Center for Healthcare Value – Interview with Dr. Toussaint
- Hospital robot blasts bacteria with UV rays – might be effective, but cheaper countermeasures are out there?