“Weird Al” Yanokvic skewers corporate buzzwords in this new song and music video.
He also skewers the now-tired “hand writing on a white board” style of corporate videos, which I think is even more brilliant of him.
There are a few somewhat Lean-related buzzwords in the video… the last one looks like it has PDSA cycles drawn there :-)
It’s a little known fact that, during a dry spell in Weird Al’s career, that he wrote a line of corporate parody songs for target markets like Lean and Six Sigma.
- Lean It (parody of Michael Jackson’s “Beat It”)
- Girls Just Wanna Kaizen (parody of Cyndi Lauper’s “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun”)
- My Six Sigma (parody of The Knack’s “My Sharona”)
- Born to PDSA (parody of Bruce Springsteen’s “Born in the USA”)
- What’s Root Cause Go to Do With It? (parody of Tina Turner’s “What’s Love Got to Do With It”)
- 5S Paradise (parody of Coolio’s “Gangster’s Paradise)
- Smells Like Six Sigma (parody of Nirvana’s “Smells Like Teen Spirit”)
- Pretty Fly for a Sensei (parody of The Offspring’s “Pretty Fly for a White Guy”)
OK, I made that all up. What Lean or Six Sigma parody songs would you write? Leave a comment to post your idea…
Thanks for reading! I’d love to hear your thoughts. Please scroll down to post a comment. Click here to receive posts via email.