Here are links to some more articles I’ve read recently that might be of interest during my blog break (somewhat of a break):
- John Toussaint’s new book: Potent Medicine: The Collaborative Cure for Healthcare
- Premier touts Saskatchewan’s ‘lean’ health-care gains (Globe & Mail)
- Paul Levy’s hospital gemba visit while in Saskatchewan
- Mass. hospitals promise openness, apologies (Boston Globe) – Should we better handle tragedies or work harder to prevent them?
- Local hospital patients now given bar code wristbands (KLPC TV) - Let’s hope staff don’t learn to circumvent this protective measure as happens at some hospitals
- ll-iterate! Hospital red-faced as misspelled entrance sign reads ‘HOSPITRAL’ (UK Mail Online)
About LeanBlog.org: Mark Graban is a consultant, author, and speaker in the “lean healthcare” methodology. Mark is author of the Shingo Award-winning books Lean Hospitals and Healthcare Kaizen, as well as The Executive Guide to Healthcare Kaizen. Mark is also the VP of Customer Success for the technology company KaiNexus. He lives in San Antonio, Texas.