Scroll down for video, transcript, how to subscribe, and more
My guest for Episode #407 of the Lean Blog Interviews podcast is Joy Mason, a Strategist, Author, Speaker, and Entrepreneur based in Indianapolis. He is President and Senior Business Strategist at her company, Optimist Business Solutions, that she started after 18 years at Eli Lilly.
She is the author of the book The Optimist Workbook: 5 Steps to Sustainable Solutions for Women In Business and also Purpose: A Shift from Driving It to Embracing It.
Topics and questions in today's episode include:
- How Joy got started with continuous improvement
- Being introduced to Six Sigma first… then Lean tools… then looking beyond the tools
- How did “scientific problem solving” resonate with scientists (and others) at Eli Lilly?
- How can you “break down silos” (or is it better to “work across silos”)?
- “Lean before layoffs” or “Lean instead of layoffs”?
- What does being an optimist mean to Joy and why is that important?
- Joy talks about the work she does now, in particular with non-profits
The podcast is sponsored by Stiles Associates, now in their 30th year of business. They are the go-to Lean recruiting firm serving the manufacturing, private equity and healthcare industries. Learn more.
This podcast is part of the #LeanCommunicators network.
You can listen to the audio or watch the video, below. I hope you enjoy it like I did.
Video of the Episode:
Thanks for listening or watching!
This podcast is part of the Lean Communicators network… check it out!
What do you think? Please scroll down (or click) to post a comment. Or please share the post with your thoughts on LinkedIn. Don't want to miss a post or podcast? Subscribe to get notified about posts via email daily or weekly.