For Episode #363, I'm joined by Crystal Davis as we discuss:
What are you seeing in terms of how Covid19 is disrupting businesses?
How do we move from crisis mode, to survival mode, to recovery mode?
Why do we need courageous leadership during these challenging times?
This is also the first video podcast that I've done in a while. Scroll down for embedded video.
We share a background as industrial engineers who started our Lean careers at General Motors, and we both moved on to do work with other types of businesses.
Crystal has many roles today: The Lean Coach, Inc. – Founder, CEO, Principal Lean Practitioner; DisruptHER Coach; Managing Partner at MPlus.
I hope you enjoy the conversation!
Video of the Conversation:
For a link to this episode, refer people to www.leanblog.org/363.
For earlier episodes of my podcast, visit the main Podcast page, which includes information on how to subscribe via RSS, through Android apps, or via Apple Podcasts. You can also subscribe and listen via Stitcher or Spotify.
Questions, Topics, Quotes, and Links:
- Crystal's LinkedIn page
- Her company page
- All people can be leaders
- Problem solving is an experimental process
- Need to align problem solving and business strategies
- Focus on meeting customer needs instead of what your product (or services) have always been
- Businesses focusing now on safety, payroll, cash flow, and the need to “pivot”
- How her Delphi plant got started with Lean… by dusting off some handbooks and not having any consultants or coaches
Thanks for listening!What do you think? Scroll down to comment or share your thoughts and the post on social media. Don't want to miss a post or podcast? Subscribe to get notified about posts via email daily or weekly.
- Katie Anderson Discusses Larry Culp's AME Keynote and Their Fireside Chat - November 30, 2022
- GE's Larry Culp on Making it Safe for Bad News to Flow to the CEO (or Other Leaders) - November 29, 2022
- Learn How to Reduce Nursing Turnover and Attrition in Healthcare — Free Webinar - November 28, 2022