He's an industrial engineer who had a long career working with TQM, Six Sigma, and Lean at Thomasvile Furniture and other Armstrong World Industries companies.
Today, we'll talk about setting kaizen events up for success with effective charter documents and team selection. What's the role of leadership? Adam will also talk about the “wheel of sustainability” (scroll down for an image and a PDF that he provided).
Adam will also mention a free virtual workshop that he's doing on Monday, April 6th. It was supposed to be done in person at a conference… but given the current circumstances, he's trying to make lemons into lemonade and I appreciate that he's offering up that opportunity for folks.
February 2021 update: His book is now available!
Enter to Win a Signed Copy:
Through April 22nd!
For a link to this episode, refer people to www.leanblog.org/362.
For earlier episodes of my podcast, visit the main Podcast page, which includes information on how to subscribe via RSS, through Android apps, or via Apple Podcasts. You can also subscribe and listen via Stitcher or Spotify.
Questions, Topics, Quotes, and Links:
- Adam's LinkedIn page
- His company page
- His virtual workshop on April 6th
- Introduction and background
- What's the role of a “Lean Champion”?
- How is it transitioning from an internal role to being an external consultant? What have you learned?
- Kaizen Events – how do you set up for success?
- Talking about Chartering Events
- What is your “Wheel of Sustainability”?
Thanks for listening!What do you think? Scroll down to comment or share your thoughts and the post on social media. Don't want to miss a post or podcast? Subscribe to get notified about posts via email daily or weekly.
- Jody Crane, MD: Lean in Emergency Medicine and Hospitals; 3 Big Issues Causing Tough Times in Healthcare - February 1, 2023
- Alternative History: GM Uses Lean to Remain #1 in the Auto Industry - January 31, 2023
- Fall in Love with the Problem, not the Solution: In Entrepreneurship and Continuous Improvement - January 29, 2023