Joining me for episode #277 of the podcast is Kay Kendall (@KayAKendall), co-author (with Glenn Bodinson) of the excellent book Leading the Malcolm Baldrige Way: How World-Class Leaders Align Their Organizations to Deliver Exceptional Results.
Kay is CEO & Principal at BaldrigeCoach (see her bio there). Since 1989, BaldrigeCoach has worked with organizations across every sector, large and small, to use the Baldrige framework to create focus, align empowered employees, provide high quality products and services, deliver exceptional customer experience, and achieve enviable results.
In this episode, we discuss topics including her background in manufacturing and quality, her experience with the Baldrige approach, and the ways that Lean and Baldrige are complementary.
Streaming Player (Run Time 34:17)
For a link to this episode, refer people to www.leanblog.org/277.
Topics and Links for this Episode:
- What led to the writing of the book?
- What is the Baldrige process and award?
- What do you think happened to “the quality movement” of the 1980s?
- Thoughts on how Lean and Baldrige fit together?
- How do you help organizations with the Baldrige process?
- Advice for people and companies that want to go down this route?
For earlier episodes of my podcast, visit the main Podcast page, which includes information on how to subscribe via RSS, through Android apps, or via Apple Podcasts. You can also subscribe and listen via Stitcher. Please leave us a review and rating!
Thanks for listening!
You can also read and download this 3-page PDF summary of the podcast: