Podcast #273 – David Veech, His New Book “Leadersights”
Joining me for Episode #273 of the podcast is David Veech, author of the new book Leadersights: Creating Great Leaders Who Create Great Workplaces.
David is a senior lecturer in the Department of Management Sciences at Ohio State University and their Fisher College of Business, teaching in the MBOE program (see his full bio).
Veech was previously a lecturer in the College of Engineering at the University of Kentucky. He joined the University of Kentucky after retiring from the US Army in 2001. He taught in the Defense Acquisition University from 1998 to 2001 and was assistant professor of military science at Stetson University from 1988 to 1991.
In today's episode, we talk about his book, how his background and career in the Army influenced his views on Lean and leadership, “self-efficacy,” and more.
Streaming Player (Run Time 48:44)
For a link to this episode, refer people to www.leanblog.org/273.
Topics and Links for this Episode:
- Follow David on Twitter as @davidveech and @leansights
- Find David on LinkedIn
- Introduce yourself and your background… and how you got introduced to Lean
- How did your career in the Army influence your approach to and your understanding of Lean?
- Tell us about your first book… what is the C4 process?
- His first book: The C4 Process: Four Vital Steps to Better Work
- What led to the new book?
- What are the three categories you call “leadersights?”
- Letting go
- Chapter 4 is about “self-efficacy” – what does that mean? What's the importance of that concept related to change management and teams?
For earlier episodes of my podcast, visit the main Podcast page, which includes information on how to subscribe via RSS, through Android apps, or via Apple Podcasts. You can also subscribe and listen via Stitcher. Please leave us a review and rating!
Thanks for listening!
You can also read and download this 4-page PDF summary of the podcast:
Webinar & Presentation by David Veech:
What do you think? Please scroll down (or click) to post a comment. Or please share the post with your thoughts on LinkedIn. Don't want to miss a post or podcast? Subscribe to get notified about posts via email daily or weekly.
- Recorded Webinar on Building a Culture of Continuous Improvement through Organizational Habits - March 22, 2023
- From Fear to Improvement: Results of Our Poll on Companies' Responses to Mistakes - March 16, 2023
- Discovering the Benefits of Data-Driven DEI: An Interview with Dr. Randal Pinkett on his New Book - March 14, 2023
Some quotes that can be shared in social media:
[…] Podcast #273 – David Veech, His New Book “Leadersights” […]
[…] also recently recorded a podcast with Mark Graban if you want to learn even […]