Tom is a writer and editor living in Cambridge, MA. A former writer/editor with Inc. Magazine and Harvard Business Review, he is the author of The Startup Garden: How Growing A Business Grows You. He works as a consulting editor for LEI and with many other Lean authors. He's a regular contributor to LEI's “The Lean Post.” Eight of his edited books have won the Shingo Research Award.
Today, we talk about some of the books he's played a role with, we'll talk about the evolution of the understanding of Lean, and his thoughts on shifting from his experience covering startups to thinking about “The Lean Startup” methodology in more recent years.
Streaming Player (Run Time 48:40)
For a link to this episode, refer people to www.leanblog.org/268.
Topics for this episode:
- Introduce yourself and your background for the readers… and how did you first get introduced to Lean?
- What are some of the books that you've worked on… let's talk about those books and your involvement:
- The article “Marketing Myopia“
- The books The Gold Mine and Lean Solutions
- How have you seen Lean thinking evolve over the past decade? Is it a matter of “evolution” or better understanding or better articulation?
- Thoughts on the Lean Startup approach
- Do Lean principles apply to writing itself?
- Why do you love Lean?
For earlier episodes of my podcast, visit the main Podcast page, which includes information on how to subscribe via RSS, through Android apps, or via Apple iTunes. You can also subscribe and listen via Stitcher.
Thanks for listening!
Previous Podcasts with Authors Mentioned in This Episode
Selected podcasts from authors Tom has worked with or mentioned:
Video with Tom EhrenfeldWhat do you think? Scroll down to comment or share your thoughts and the post on social media. Don't want to miss a post or podcast? Subscribe to get notified about posts via email daily or weekly.
- Damon Baker on Lean, Private Equity, and the Ownership Works Initiative - September 28, 2022
- Reading About Lean at GE in Italy Makes Me Hungry for Pizza, While Savoring Employee Empowerment - September 27, 2022
- Can You SEE Culture in a Workplace? What Do These Artifacts Say to You? - September 27, 2022