My #IceBucketChallenge Video for #ALS and Patient Safety
I was nominated to do the ALS “Ice Bucket Challenge.” I think I was officially the last person to do so, judging from my Facebook feed.
I made a donation to the ALS Association and also made this video.
I'm doing this to honor a friend's mother, who has ALS. Watch a touching news story about her of her before or after my silly ice thing. Seeing a woman my wife and I have met battle this disease is difficult, to see what this disease has done to her.
ALS patients, like all patients, deserve the safest, highest-quality care possible. The fight against preventable medical errors… that fight has just begun and it's also important.
Therefore, I used my video to nominate three outstanding leaders of patient safety organizations:
- Laura Townsend, of the Louise Batz Patient Safety Foundation
- Chris Jerry, of the Emily Jerry Foundation
- Sorrel King, of the Josie King Foundation
What do you think? Scroll down to comment or share your thoughts and the post on social media. Don't want to miss a post or podcast? Subscribe to get notified about posts via email daily or weekly.
- Do You Have a Culture of Learning From Mistakes in Your Healthcare Organization? - January 26, 2023
- What Do We Mean by Vulnerable Acts in the Context of Psychological Safety? - January 25, 2023
- Unlocking the Power of Kata: Tracy Defoe on Adult Learning, Coaching, and Asking Questions - January 25, 2023