Shingo Research Award for “Healthcare Kaizen”!
My co-author Joe Swartz and I are happy to announce that our book Healthcare Kaizen was named a recipient of the prestigious Shingo Professional Publication and Research Award. The award will be formally presented to the co-authors in early 2014 at the Shingo Prize annual conference. A formal release will be coming out in a few weeks, but we were told we could share this news.
Joe and I are honored by this designation and we thank our mentors and teachers, including Norman Bodek and Masaaki Imai, both of whom contributed “front matter” to be included in our book. Thank you, thank you to them.We also thank all of those whose Kaizen improvement work has inspired us – including the amazing people at Franciscan St. Francis Health System, Joe's organization, as well as all of the healthcare professionals Mark has worked with at numerous organizations who were willing to share their improvement work. We share this honor with all of them and hope their work continues to inspire others to improve healthcare.
This Award is named in honor of Dr. Shigeo Shingo, credited as one of the creators of the Toyota Production System. It's also an honor to included with such an illustrious list of previous Research Award winners.
- Read the Shingo Prize organization's press release
- Video produced by Franciscan St. Francis Health System
What do you think? Scroll down to comment or share your thoughts and the post on social media. Don't want to miss a post or podcast? Subscribe to get notified about posts via email daily or weekly.
- Damon Baker on Lean, Private Equity, and the Ownership Works Initiative - September 28, 2022
- Reading About Lean at GE in Italy Makes Me Hungry for Pizza, While Savoring Employee Empowerment - September 27, 2022
- Can You SEE Culture in a Workplace? What Do These Artifacts Say to You? - September 27, 2022