LeanBlog Podcast #37 – Jeff Liker, Toyota Culture, Part 1 of 3
Here is LeanBlog Podcast #37, once again featuring Dr. Jeffrey Liker, Professor of Industrial and Operations Engineering at the University of Michigan. Dr. Liker is most recently the co-author (with Michael Hoseus) of Toyota Culture: The Heart and Soul of the Toyota Way and many other books, which can be found here on amazon.com. This is part 1 of what will be a 3-part podcast series. Listen to part 2 and part 3.
For earlier episodes, visit the main Podcast page, which includes information on how to subscribe via RSS or via Apple Podcasts.
LeanBlog Podcast #37 Key Points
- Overview of the book, how it builds on the previous books.
- The people part is such a foundation of the Toyota Way, had to expand upon it.
- Looking at the cultural assumptions in the 14 principles.
- In the book, seeing a “day in the life” of a Toyota supervisor.
- Get a clearer picture of the “respect for people” principle throughout the book
- Thoughts on implementing Lean the “wrong way.”
If you have feedback on the podcast, or any questions for me or my guests, you can email me at email@example.com or you can call and leave a voicemail by calling the “Lean Line” at (817) 993-0630 or contact me via Skype id “mgraban”. Please give your location and your first name. Any comments (email or voicemail) might be used in follow ups to the podcast.Please post a comment and join the discussion. Subscribe to get notified about posts via email daily or weekly.