LeanBlog Podcast #37 – Jeff Liker, Toyota Culture, Part 1 of 3
Here is LeanBlog Podcast #37, once again featuring Dr. Jeffrey Liker, Professor of Industrial and Operations Engineering at the University of Michigan. Dr. Liker is most recently the co-author (with Michael Hoseus) of Toyota Culture: The Heart and Soul of the Toyota Way and many other books, which can be found here on amazon.com. This is part 1 of what will be a 3-part podcast series. Listen to part 2 and part 3.
For earlier episodes, visit the main Podcast page, which includes information on how to subscribe via RSS or via Apple Podcasts.
LeanBlog Podcast #37 Key Points
- Overview of the book, how it builds on the previous books.
- The people part is such a foundation of the Toyota Way, had to expand upon it.
- Looking at the cultural assumptions in the 14 principles.
- In the book, seeing a “day in the life” of a Toyota supervisor.
- Get a clearer picture of the “respect for people” principle throughout the book
- Thoughts on implementing Lean the “wrong way.”
If you have feedback on the podcast, or any questions for me or my guests, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can call and leave a voicemail by calling the “Lean Line” at (817) 993-0630 or contact me via Skype id “mgraban”. Please give your location and your first name. Any comments (email or voicemail) might be used in follow ups to the podcast.