Here is the episode if you want to stream the audio:
In Episode 36, Jamie Flinchbaugh is joined by Chris Kauzmann, an Adjunct Faculty and Innovator in Residence at Lehigh University. Chris, a self-described “bottom shelf” whiskey drinker, joins Jamie to sample some Nikka Coffee Malt Whiskey and Blue Run High Rye Bourbon.
They explore design thinking, which is both distinct from Lean but also inherently consistent. The terminology is often quite different, but the essence of the work is very similar. Removing our biases and gaining insight through genuine exploration, whether to develop a business idea or improve a process or anything else, is one such example.
Along the way, they cover many aspects of our shared experiences…the student entrepreneurs of Lehigh University that Chris supports and teaches full time, and Jamie occasionally shows up to make a contribution.
They close by deciding which building on Lehigh University's beautiful campus they would most want to convert into a whiskey bar, although we are quite certain that no one will allow us to do this.
Links From the Show:
- Chris Kauzmann on LinkedIn
- Old Crow, a typical selection for Chris
- Nikka Coffey Malt Whiskey
- Blue Run High Rye Bourbon
- Lehigh University's Baker Institute
- Giana Jarrah's With Meraki Co, a student-founded startup
- Sam Benchaghib's Make A Change World and Sungai Watch
- Practicing Lean by Mark Graban
- Podcast feed at LeanWhiskey.com or leanblog.org/leanwhiskey or jflinch.com/leanwhiskey
Please review us and follow!
No video this time…
Subscribe, Rate, and Review!
Cheers! If you have any feedback or ideas for the podcast, let us know!
Please review us and subscribe or follow in your favorite podcast directory or platform.What do you think? Scroll down to comment or share your thoughts and the post on social media. Don't want to miss a post or podcast? Subscribe to get notified about posts via email daily or weekly.
- Do You Have a Culture of Learning From Mistakes in Your Healthcare Organization? - January 26, 2023
- What Do We Mean by Vulnerable Acts in the Context of Psychological Safety? - January 25, 2023
- Unlocking the Power of Kata: Tracy Defoe on Adult Learning, Coaching, and Asking Questions - January 25, 2023