What Were the 10 Most Read LeanBlog.org Posts of the First Half of 2021?
Thanks everybody for reading my blog here in 2021. And for listening to podcasts… oh so many podcasts.
I released 24 “Lean Blog Interviews” podcasts, up from 21 the same period last year (and two data points are not a trend!). This month will mark the 15th birthday of my podcast, which started with this Norman Bodek episode.
I was also happy to continue the “Lean Whiskey” podcast series and I released five episodes of that series. I also released 17 episodes of “Habitual Excellence” (a podcast that was barely off the ground a year ago) and 55 episodes of “My Favorite Mistake” (a podcast that did not exist a year ago). Whew!
Other than a special live streamed episode with Katie Anderson on July 13th, I'm taking a bit of a summer hiatus on the Lean podcast, but the others will continue.
Below are the ten most-read posts of the year, according to Google Analytics (popularity doesn't imply quality, but it's interesting to see what people are reading and sharing) — data through June29.
You can also see which posts or pages have the most views, all time, since I started the blog in 2005.
Posts Written in the First Half of 2021
Here are the top 10 most-read posts that I wrote in the first half of this year (and I've been writing less as I've podcasted more):
- Why Did Some Patients Get Injected With 5X the Pfizer Covid Vaccine Dose? (2592 views)
- Keith Champion on the Lucid (Motors) Production System (1461)
- Free Today: Get the Kindle Version of “Measures of Success” (1164)
- The WSJ is Once Again Mostly Wrong About Just in Time (No Surprise) (929)
- Rituso Shingo on The Toyota Production System and SMED (741)
- Is “Red & Green” Really Lean? Process Behavior Charts are Better (647)
- Why “On Deck Chairs” Can Improve a Covid Vaccination Clinic Flow and Throughput (622)
- The Tragic Hospital Elevator Story That's Hard to Believe (513)
- Why “Hesitant” is a Better Word Than “Resistant” for Vaccines or Workplace Change (419)
- Amy Edmondson on How to Really Learn From Failure and Mistakes (412)
Some Older Posts That Were Popular
Some of these posts are habitually popular, appearing on this list every six months, and some of them are new to the list compared to last year.
- Free Download: Process Tracking Letters for Lean Daily Management Boards — 3513 views
- Is Lean an Acronym? Is it “LEAN”? “L.E.A.N.?” — 2120
- The #Lean Goals That Matter: SQDCM — 1634
- Wise Words from Mark Twain on Continuous Improvement and Perfection — 1606
- When “Required” Doesn't Actually Mean Required When it Comes to Masks on Airlines — 1387
- Don't Threaten People with This Famous Dr. Deming Quote — 1372
- Toyota, Respect for People (or “Humanity”) and Lean — 1237
- Lean: Clarifying Push, Pull, and Flow in a Hospital; the Patient (the Customer) “Pulls” — 1169
- Toyota is Admired for Good Reason… But About Those Rotating Job Shifts… — 1147
- A Video Showing Office 5S Gone Wrong — 885
Thanks for being part of my community here! Thanks for reading and listening!