Scroll down for video, how to subscribe, video, transcript, and more
My guest for Episode #414 of the Lean Blog Interviews podcast is Ryan Weiss. He is president of his firm Effective Performance Strategies, based out of the Chicago area. We had a great discussion today about topics including Training Within Industry (TWI) and we chat just a little bit about BBQ (although it's not an episode of “Lean BBQ” ala “Lean Whiskey” (new episode coming Friday).
Topics, questions, and links related to today's episode include:
- How did you get introduced to Lean?
- Becoming a Certified Six Sigma Black Belt
- How do you engage people? What was your epiphany on people?
- Purpose + People + Process = Performance
- Taxation without representation :: kaizen without participation
- What is TWI?? How were you exposed to Training Within Industry?
- Other podcasts on TWI from this series
- Modernizing TWI — some sexist language /scenarios in the original
- What happens when you're promoted as a leader?
- Explaining WHY
- It's not just about manufacturing?
The podcast is sponsored by Stiles Associates, now in their 30th year of business. They are the go-to Lean recruiting firm serving the manufacturing, private equity, and healthcare industries. Learn more.
This podcast is part of the #LeanCommunicators network.
You can listen to the audio or watch the video, below. I hope you enjoy it like I did.
Video of the Episode:
Automated Transcript (Not Guaranteed to be Defect Free)
Thanks for listening or watching!
This podcast is part of the Lean Communicators network… check it out!