Ryan Weiss on Purpose + People + Process = Performance; Modernizing TWI
Scroll down for video, how to subscribe, video, transcript, and more
My guest for Episode #414 of the Lean Blog Interviews podcast is Ryan Weiss. He is president of his firm Effective Performance Strategies, based out of the Chicago area. We had a great discussion today about topics including Training Within Industry (TWI) and we chat just a little bit about BBQ (although it's not an episode of “Lean BBQ” ala “Lean Whiskey” (new episode coming Friday).
Topics, questions, and links related to today's episode include:
- How did you get introduced to Lean?
- Becoming a Certified Six Sigma Black Belt
- How do you engage people? What was your epiphany on people?
- Purpose + People + Process = Performance
- Taxation without representation :: kaizen without participation
- What is TWI?? How were you exposed to Training Within Industry?
- Other podcasts on TWI from this series
- Modernizing TWI — some sexist language /scenarios in the original
- What happens when you're promoted as a leader?
- Explaining WHY
- It's not just about manufacturing?
The podcast is sponsored by Stiles Associates, now in their 30th year of business. They are the go-to Lean recruiting firm serving the manufacturing, private equity, and healthcare industries. Learn more.
This podcast is part of the #LeanCommunicators network.
You can listen to the audio or watch the video, below. I hope you enjoy it like I did.
Video of the Episode:
Automated Transcript (Not Guaranteed to be Defect Free)
Thanks for listening or watching!
This podcast is part of the Lean Communicators network… check it out!What do you think? Please scroll down to post a comment or share the post with your thoughts on LinkedIn. Don't want to miss a post or podcast? Subscribe to get notified about posts via email daily or weekly.