My guests for Episode #398 of the Lean Blog Interviews podcast are Brett M. Cooper and Evans Kerrigan, both co-founders of the firm Integris Performance Advisors. Brett is the President and Evans is the CEO.
They are co-authors of a book with a provocative title: Solving the People Problem: Essential Skills You Need to Lead and Succeed in Today's Workplace.
When I first heard about the book, I challenged them a bit on the title — is this really a “people problem” or a “systemic problem”? We have a really good conversation about all of that today and they ask a question that resonated with me: “The problem begins with you?” meaning that leaders have to go first…
You can learn more via the book's website or Amazon:
In the episode, we talk about the DISC-EQ model of emotional intelligence and you can take a free personal assessment via their website, use code LEANBLOG.
They also answer questions including:
- Why do you say “leadership is a relationship?”
- What are the “essential skills” that leaders need, at a high level?
- What's “the right kind of disagreement” in a workplace?
The podcast is sponsored by Stiles Associates, now in their 30th year of business. They are the go-to Lean recruiting firm serving the manufacturing, private equity and healthcare industries. Learn more.
You can listen to the audio or watch the video, below. I hope you enjoy the discussion.
Streaming Audio Player:
Video of the Episode:
For a link to this episode, refer people to www.leanblog.org/398.
Thanks for listening or watching!What do you think? Scroll down to comment or share your thoughts and the post on social media. Don't want to miss a post or podcast? Subscribe to get notified about posts via email daily or weekly.
- Katie Anderson Discusses Larry Culp's AME Keynote and Their Fireside Chat - November 30, 2022
- GE's Larry Culp on Making it Safe for Bad News to Flow to the CEO (or Other Leaders) - November 29, 2022
- Learn How to Reduce Nursing Turnover and Attrition in Healthcare — Free Webinar - November 28, 2022