What Were the 11 Most Read LeanBlog.org Posts of the Second Half of 2020?
Thanks everybody for reading my blog here in 2020.
When I posted the top 10 most-read posts from the first half of the year, things were very Covid heavy. I've blogged less about that (but more about issues like #RootCauseRacism). We can see the light at the end of the tunnel… when it comes to Covid. We'll keep working on racism…
It's been a podcast-heavy year for me. I've been talking more than writing. I'll get back to writing more, I'm sure. I released 21 “Lean Blog Interviews” podcasts in the 2nd half of the year, the same number as the first half. I was also happy to continue the “Lean Whiskey” podcast series and I released five episodes of that series.
I started a new podcast series in September called “My Favorite Mistake” and I've released 27 episodes as of today.
I've uploaded most of those various podcast episodes to YouTube, and the year-in-review stats that they sent me are:
- Uploading 2927 minutes of content (50 hours)
- This past year, you gained 194 subscribers and 32,030 new views
- Viewers spent 102,551 minutes watching your videos in 2020!
- Your videos received 278 likes in 2020
“Vanity metrics” :-)
Below are the ten most-read posts of the second half of the year, according to Google Analytics (popularity doesn't imply quality, but it's interesting to see what people are reading and sharing) — data through December 16.
You can also see which posts or pages have the most views, all time, since I started the blog in 2005.
Posts Written in the Second Half of 2020
Here are the top 10 most-read posts:
- Was I the Worst Customer at Starbucks — or the Best?
- CEO Akio Toyoda's Perspectives on the Toyota Production System
- Why I'm “Handing Over” My Blog for the Week to #RootCauseRacism
- Podcast #379 — Katie Anderson on “Learning to Lead, Leading to Learn”
- I Learned a New Word for Our Continuous Improvement Vocabulary — Maybe
- My Personal Anti-Racism Plan? Let Me Check My Pockets.
- Representation Matters
- Mourning the Loss of a Kaizen Mentor and Teacher, Norman Bodek
- Lean Podcast #390 — Keith Ingels on “Adopting and Adapting” TPS to the Raymond Lean Management System
- One Small Thing: Sharing our Visions and Voices to #RootCauseRacism
- Podcast #382 — Tom Peters on Managing During the Madness of Covid Times and Beyond
Beyond the rankings, did you have a favorite post or podcast? If so, please share your thoughts in the comments.
Older Posts That Were Popular
Some of these posts are habitually popular, appearing on this list every six months… and there are a few new ones that popped up in to the top list:
- Free Download: Process Tracking Letters for Lean Daily Management Boards
- Is Lean an Acronym? Is it “LEAN”? “L.E.A.N.?”
- The #Lean Goals That Matter: SQDCM
- Don't Threaten People with This Famous Dr. Deming Quote
- TQM at Toyota and the Influence on Lean – Past and Present, Japan and U.S.
- Lean: Clarifying Push, Pull, and Flow in a Hospital; the Patient (the Customer) “Pulls”
- Toyota, Respect for People (or “Humanity”) and Lean
- Toyota is Admired for Good Reason… But About Those Rotating Job Shifts…
- Why Toyota is Eliminating the Andon Cord from its Factories
- Kaizen & Idea Boards Spotted at Society for Health Systems Conference
And, as always…
Thanks for being part of my community here! Thanks for reading and listening!