Mark Graban Interviewed in the Journal “Healthcare”
Thanks to Dr. Russell B. Kerbel and Khin-Kyemon Aung for interviewing me for the journal, “Healthcare: The Journal of Delivery Science and Innovation.”
They asked some very interesting questions, including:
1) Thinking about Healthcare Delivery Science, in the context of Ebola: What at both the local level and the national level, have you learned in these past few months?
2) Let׳s discuss Lean in academic medical centers. In systems such as ThedaCare; a system without an internal Institutional Review Board, and few residents, they are able have complete participation in the Lean program, whereas some academic medical centers adopt Lean processes but have additional challenges when integrating medical education and research. How have you seen this play out over the country and has it changed over time?
3) In the last 10-15 years have you seen changes in the Lean philosophy itself? Or do you feel you are still spreading the original concepts?
4) When thinking about elements of a Highly Reliable Organization, such as common culture, protocols, data collection, and accountability, we have seen a push at a national level for interoperability of systems, and incentivizing the uptake of EHRs. Do you believe there will a push to adopt, either using Lean terminology or another, a common culture nationally to improve collaboration between multiple institutions?
What do you see as the major hurdles for getting Lean more into the Academic Medical literature?
How would you answer those questions? Please leave a comment here, as I'd love to hear what you have to add.
Tweet of the Day
— Mark Graban (@MarkGraban) August 4, 2015
What do you think? Scroll down to comment or share your thoughts and the post on social media. Don't want to miss a post or podcast? Subscribe to get notified about posts via email daily or weekly.
- Oops! Another Mistake During a Webinar About Mistakes - September 30, 2022
- Damon Baker on Lean, Private Equity, and the Ownership Works Initiative - September 28, 2022
- Reading About Lean at GE in Italy Makes Me Hungry for Pizza, While Savoring Employee Empowerment - September 27, 2022