Spotted: A Mysterious “Kaizen Corp”Van in Boston

I saw this van in Boston the other day. I can't find a listing in the Yellow Pages for who they are or what they do, but I like the name of the company. Do they really practice continuous improvement, I wonder?

Please post a comment and join the discussion. Subscribe to get notified about posts daily or weekly.

Mark Graban is an internationally-recognized consultant, author, and professional speaker who has worked in healthcare, manufacturing, and startups. His latest book is Measures of Success: React Less, Lead Better, Improve More. He is author of the Shingo Award-winning books Lean Hospitals and Healthcare Kaizen, as well as The Executive Guide to Healthcare Kaizen. He also published the anthology Practicing Lean that benefits the Louise H. Batz Patient Safety Foundation, where Mark is a board member. Mark is also a Senior Advisor to the technology company KaiNexus.

6 Comments
  1. Karen Wilhelm says

About 20 years ago there was a trucking and logistics company named "JIT." We don't see them now, do we? Maybe Kaizen Corp will be different.

2. Andy Wagner says

Mark,
    Kaizen Corp is the parent company of Anna's Taqueria. I haven't been able to find out anything else about them!
    Anna's, however, despite being a fast food burito place, is the best Mexican food you'll get in Boston.
    There are some vague signs of lean at Anna's, particularly if you watch how they man the restaurant to deal with fluctuations in demand. The cooks are crosstrained, and sort of like Subway, they seemlessly flex between the different roles along the front line.

I am curious about the "back-end" of the business and how lean it might be.

-Andy

3. Mark Graban says

Andy – thanks for the local intel!!

Haven't tried Anna's yet… is saying "best Mexican food in Boston" saying that much? I'll have to see first hand…. go and see!

4. Andy Wagner says

"Best Mexican in Boston"?

No. Sadly, no.
    Anna's is good. There are few others, especially from your Texas perspective. My wife has family from New Mexico so has very high standards.

5. JLB says

There is a phone number in the door. Have you called them?

6. Mark Graban says

I called, but it wasn't clear from how they answered and I didn't want t bother anybody there.