Episode #74 is a discussion with Roy Vasher, President of RPV Consulting, LLC and is co-author the book Toyota's Supply Chain Management: A Strategic Approach to Toyota's Renowned System.
Roy works closely with a network of consultants to provide lean information technology and supply chain consulting services. Roy developed deep insight and experience on how to integrate Information Technology to support lean processes by serving as General Manager, Information Systems for Toyota Motor Manufacturing North America. He has strong expertise in leading supply chain innovation in a lean supply chain through the development of robust processes supported by intelligent use of technology for faultless implementation.
Roy left Ford Motor Company and joined Toyota in 1987 to set up and manage the Information Systems department at Toyota's first Greenfield North American plant, Toyota Motor Manufacturing Kentucky. (full bio)
In this podcast, we talk about his book and Toyota's supply chain practices, including the “4Vs”:
- Variety: Determine your variety of offerings based on operational efficiency and market demand
- Velocity: Maintain a steady flow through all processes of the supply chain
- Variability: Manage inconsistencies carefully to reduce cost and improve quality
- Visibility: Ensure the transparency of all processes to enable continuous learning and improvement
For earlier episodes, visit the main Podcast page, which includes information on how to subscribe via RSS or via Apple Podcasts.
If you have feedback on the podcast, or any questions for me or my guests, you can email me at email@example.com or you can call and leave a voicemail by calling the “Lean Line” at (817) 993-0630 or contact me via Skype id “mgraban”. Please give your location and your first name. Any comments (email or voicemail) might be used in follow ups to the podcast.What do you think? Scroll down to comment or share your thoughts and the post on social media. Don't want to miss a post or podcast? Subscribe to get notified about posts via email daily or weekly.
- Oops! Another Mistake During a Webinar About Mistakes - September 30, 2022
- Damon Baker on Lean, Private Equity, and the Ownership Works Initiative - September 28, 2022
- Reading About Lean at GE in Italy Makes Me Hungry for Pizza, While Savoring Employee Empowerment - September 27, 2022