LeanBlog Podcast #35 is another discussion with David Meier, co-author of the book Toyota Talent, written with Dr. Jeffrey Liker. In this podcast, we follow up our previous discussion (Podcast #31) to talk about the upcoming Toyota books, as well as some of the leadership challenges that companies face with working with Lean.
Click to play:
Keywords and Main Points, Episode #35
- The next books coming in the series – Toyota Culture, Toyota Process, Toyota Problem Solving
- Hearing comments about how companies have trouble sustaining Lean after 3 or 5 years — why is that happening and what’s missing?
- Talking about the LEI survey on why companies struggle with Lean
- How is the Toyota San Antonio plant creating a system of systematic continuous improvement?
- Following the stand problem solving methodology to find out why a company is struggling with Lean…
- Instead of being punitive, leaders need to be more inspirational
- Need to move away from blaming
- Leadership has to communicate the message
- His website: http://www.thetoyotaway.org/
If you have feedback on the podcast, or any questions for me or my guests, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can call and leave a voicemail by calling the “Lean Line” at (817) 776-LEAN (817-776-5326) or contact me via Skype id “mgraban”. Please give your location and your first name. Any comments (email or voicemail) might be used in follow ups to the podcast.
Click here for the main LeanBlog Podcast page with all previous episodes.
Thanks for reading! I’d love to hear your thoughts. Please scroll down to post a comment. Click here to be notified about posts via email. Learn more about Mark Graban’s speaking, writing, and consulting.