Two Recent Webinars: Learning Organizations and Patient Safety [Recordings]
Before I tell you a little more about them, the titles are (click on either link to register to view the recordings and, for the first one, the slides):
A Path Forward: Reflections on Patient Safety, Just Culture, and the Nursing Profession after the RaDonda Vaught Conviction
In the first webinar, Sabrina Malter presented about how to build a learning organization. Sabrina is German, but presented in English. A recorded version of the webinar, in German, is also available.
You might remember Sabrina from her time as a guest on my “My Favorite Mistake” podcast.
Here is a short preview discussion about her webinar:
And here is the webinar recording:
The second webinar was a panel discussion that featured an esteemed panel:
- Dr. Greg Jacobson, CEO, KaiNexus
- Kelley Reep, Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Rebecca Love, Chief Clinical Officer, IntelyCare
- Brian Weirich, Chief Nursing Officer, Banner Health
You'll hear healthcare leaders and patient safety experts discuss the recent conviction of a nurse who worked at Vanderbilt University Medical Center, RaDonda Vaught.
You'll hear about the case and the circumstances that led to the tragic death of a patient, Charlene Murphey.
The discussion will focus on a path forward that focuses on patients and what we can do to prevent systemic errors from harming other patients.
I think the prosecution and conviction were a travesty — as pieces published by both Forbes and the World Socialist News agree:
I posted about this case a week ago on LinkedIn and it triggered a lot of comments. I shared some comments from organizations like the Institute for Healthcare Improvement who think the conviction is counterproductive — the effects of the conviction will lead to more harm to patients, not less.
Here is the recording of this important panel discussion:What do you think? Scroll down to comment or share your thoughts and the post on social media. Don't want to miss a post or podcast? Subscribe to get notified about posts via email daily or weekly.
- Alternative History: Toyota's CEO Accelerates Lean Healthcare Improvement in the 2000s - February 7, 2023
- When Burnout Turns to Moral Injury for Healthcare Clinicians - February 6, 2023
- Jody Crane, MD: Lean in Emergency Medicine and Hospitals; 3 Big Issues Causing Tough Times in Healthcare - February 1, 2023