In Episode 17, after not doing an episode of Lean Whiskey in almost two months, Mark Graban and Jamie Flinchbaugh try all sorts of firsts. We had three people, with Jim Huntzinger of Lean Frontiers joining us. We all drank the same whiskey. We used two different whiskies. We talked about 3 different keynotes. OK, so they aren't groundbreaking firsts, but it was new for our show.
Jim Huntzinger joined us after an aborted attempt in March for Jamie to do an in-person episode during a planned visit to Lean Frontiers headquarters. We had planned on sampling some of David Meier's whiskey. Since that didn't happen, we decided to invite Jim to join Mark and Jamie and sample the same whiskey. Fortunately, Mark and Jamie had the same bottles at home. We all shared and enjoyed Glenns Creek Distillery's Cuervito Vivo and Cafe Ole.
We talked about a range of Lean topics. TWI, or Training Within Industry, came up in a discussion about Delta's approach to asking passengers to wear masks. We talked about Lean Frontier's upcoming virtual workshops and some featured keynotes. Lean Coaching Summit features Deondra Wardelle who has coached others in professional groups ranging from schools to churches using kata and helped them to success. Watch for Deondra to take over Mark's blog for a week in August. We explored Jim's own mini-keynote on Advanced Lean, and how the arc of Lean learning often brings you back to the fundamentals, just applied in a more rigorous way. And we finally return to David Meier and his forthcoming work on applying standardization where there appear to be none.
We finish the episode sharing a bit of our different office experiences and improvements while working from home. We hope you enjoy the episode, and we toast all of you on your Lean learning journey. Cheers!
Listen or Watch
Here is the episode if you want to stream it or scroll down to watch it:
Subscribe, Rate, and Review!
6Cheers! If you have any feedback or ideas for the podcast, let us know!
Episode #17 Show Links:
Here are some links from the show:
- About our guest Jim Huntzinger and his organization Lean Frontiers
- Mark's first podcast with Jim Huntzinger in Episode #8, but Jamie beat him to it with Episode #5
- Mark's post about how Delta asks people to wear masks and its relation to TWI
- Patrick Graupp's handwashing video via TWI
- Our two whiskey pours were both from Glenns Creek Distillery, starting with Cuervito Vivo and finishing with Cafe Ole
- The upcoming virtual Lean Coaching Summit and its keynoter Deondra Wardelle
- The forthcoming Lean Accounting and Management Summit and its mini-keynote Jim Huntzinger on Advanced Lean
- Next year's TWI Summit in Europe and the US that David Meier will talk about building standards
Please review us and subscribe in your favorite podcast directory or app.Please post a comment and join the discussion. Subscribe to get notified about posts via email daily or weekly.